BMW in collaboration with Lufthansa Cargo to launch BMW Vision iNEXT World Flight
The automotive giants, BMW, has announced it is collaborating with Lufthansa Cargo to launch the BMW Vision iNEXT World Flight.
It is anticipated that 300 international media representatives will experience the vision of future mobility that is demonstrated by the BMW Vision iNEXT and will board the Boeing 777F from the Lufthansa Cargo fleet in September.
The two firms have worked together to produce the aircraft and the guests will be shown a preview of BMW’s future as part of an exclusive closed room concept which has been created for the occasion.
The event will see over 7.5km of wiring, 78,000 LEDs in 165 video LED modules as well as ten 13,000 ANSI lumen projects that will light up the Boeing aircraft.
It is thought that approximately 30 tonnes of material will be used to build a suitable platform to show off the BMW Vision iNEXT.
- Panasonic set to move its European base to Amsterdam due to Brexit
- IWC unveils new $43mn facility in Switzerland
- Bosch confirms it has started to electrify semitrailers to enhance electromobility venture
- Read the latest issue of Manufacturing Global here!
Peter Gerber, CEO and Chairman of the Executive Board of Lufthansa Cargo AG, said: “Visionary products deserve visionary presentations. We are delighted to have made this extraordinary world premiere possible in cooperation with BMW.”
The aircraft will begin its round-the-world flight from Munich Airport in Germany on 9 September before flying to New York, San Francisco and Beijing and finally touching down at its final destination in Frankfurt on 14 September.
Klaus Fröhlich, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, responsible for Development, said: “iNEXT is our mobility proposition for the future, so it’s only logical that the BMW Vision iNEXT should be presented to a global audience in a fresh new style.
“The World Flight is a fitting way to get the ball rolling.”
- Solar powered manufacturing soars in sustainability riseProcurement & Supply Chain
- On the right track for automated self-driving trainsAI & Automation
- Northern Ireland to build drinks manufacturing plantProcurement & Supply Chain
- Industrial robotics: current trends and future predictionsAI & Automation