Renault, Nissan and Mitsubishi working with Google to develop new infotainment system
The Japan-based automotive manufacturer, Nissan, alongside its major partners Renault and Mitsubishi are working with Google to develop a new infotainment system.
The software, which hasn’t yet been named, will be launched in vehicle dashboards worldwide from 2021.
By providing the Android-based infotainment system, Renault, Nissan and Mitsubishi to achieve their ambitions of creating more connected vehicles by its mid-term plan of 2022.
The alliance will see Google applications and services utilised and developed into infotainment and cloud-based to significantly improve the experience for customers under the Renault, Nissan and Mitsubishi brands.
Under the plan, the companies are targeting increased sales of over 14mn units a year by the end of 2022.
- Nestlé to sell Gerber Life Insurance to Western & Southern Financial Group for $1.55bn
- Siemens Mobility launches first digital rail maintenance centre
- Dolphin Group utilises Epicor ERP to help aid business growth
- Read the latest issue of Manufacturing Global here!
“Our partnership with Google will offer owners of our vehicles rich user experiences that are currently available only outside the vehicle or to a limited extent, by connecting an Android device to supported vehicles,” said Hadi Zablit, senior vice president of Business Development at Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi.
“We are building powerful connected and seamless on-board/off-board experiences into our vehicles in addition to the features of Google applications and services that many users are accustomed to, including Google Maps, the Google Assistant and the Google Play Store.”
It is also expected that the plan will see the launch of 12 new zero-emission electric vehicles, new autonomous-driving technologies and the continuing rollout of the Alliance Intelligent Cloud.
- Manufacturing Digital LIVE: Tech, sustainability & moreSmart Manufacturing
- COP28 to discuss emission reduction in pharma manufacturingSustainability & ESG
- Top 10 companies speaking at Manufacturing Digital LiveSmart Manufacturing
- How BP is reshaping the manufacturing landscapeSustainability & ESG