Huawei showcases digital transformation technology at Hannover MESSE 2016
Leading global ICT solutions provider, Huawei, has showcased a number of new Industry 4.0 and smart manufacturing products and solutions at Hannover MESSE 2016, which began on April 25th and ends on April 29th. Based around the theme of 'Leading New ICT, Enabling Digital Transformation', Huawei has collaborated with customers and partners as part of its inaugural participation at Hannover MESSE 2016, focussing on several key projects enabling - and driving forward - the ongoing fourth industrial and IoT revolution.
Committed to continuously evolving partnerships which foster open ecosystem development and innovation, the solutions being showcased focus on transforming enterprise ICT systems through cloud computing, high-performance computing, and software-defined networking solutions which promote agility and openness.
Key projects being demonstrated at Hannover MESSE 2016 include:
- Road safety – Working with ESI Group (ESI), Huawei is showcasing a car crash simulation solution based on its high-performance computing (HPC) technology. Modelled on an ESI virtual reality solution, Huawei's HPC simulation provides customers with equivalent digital equipment room layouts to those found in real car crash environments. Leveraging 3D technologies, designers can keep improving virtual prototypes during product R&D to reduce physical prototype hardware requirements. These dramatically reduce design costs and shorten product development cycles when designing and developing new cars
- Agriculture – In collaboration with its partner Fraunhofer, Huawei is demonstrating a jointly-developed solution for HOLMER Maschinenbau GmbH, a leading German agricultural machinery manufacturer. The solution consists of more than 200 sensors collecting operating data generated by HOLMER's agricultural machinery in real time. The ‘big data’ is uploaded through Huawei industrial routers to the cloud for analysis on the data to improve the operating efficiency of HOLMER's agricultural machinery
- Energy – Huawei is showcasing a number of solutions for the energy industry, including an oilfield analytics solution based on SAP HANA, an Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) solution, and a gas pipeline monitoring solution
- Predictive maintenance - Huawei is also exhibiting a predictive maintenance solution for elevators. The solution collects the real-time operating data of elevators, and uploads the data through Huawei industrial routers in real time to the control center to improve the O&M efficiency and safety of elevators through the identification of faults prior to their happening
Karabet Krikorian, Head of WEU IoT & Industry 4.0 Solution Innovation and WEU Solutions Management at Huawei, said: “Pioneering a new era in ICT innovation, we’re working to ensure our customers are able to quickly reap the rewards of the fourth industrial revolution by developing solutions providing real benefits for enterprises across multiple industries. We work with nearly a thousand partners across Western Europe to jointly develop solutions based on the key principle of openness to ensure full integration and easy deployment. Hannover MESSE 2016 has been a great opportunity to bring these experiences to life.”
Follow @ManufacturingGL and @NellWalkerMG
- Manufacturing Digital LIVE: Tech, sustainability & moreSmart Manufacturing
- COP28 to discuss emission reduction in pharma manufacturingSustainability & ESG
- Top 10 companies speaking at Manufacturing Digital LiveSmart Manufacturing
- How BP is reshaping the manufacturing landscapeSustainability & ESG