Kohler achieves Green Master status
Kolher Co., which is among America’s oldest and largest privately-held companies, has been recognised as a 2017 Green Master by the Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council and the Green Master Program.
A global leader in kitchen and bathroom product manufacturing with over 50 sites worldwide, Kohler has been celebrated for its commitment to sustainability; Green Master provides benchmarks to track its progress.
Kohler has been dabbling in sustainability strategies since the 1970s, when the business began creating water-conserving products. In 2008, it committed to a goal of no solid waste-to-landfill, reducing or offsetting all greenhouse gas emissions, and reducing water usage by 2035. Kohler drives towards these goals by developing products which have lower environmental impacts over their life cycle and incorporating sustainability into the product development process itself.
- RELATED STORIES:
- Nestlé Waters is the first beverage company to achieve Alliance for Water Stewardship
- npower survey finds manufacturers are reluctant to invest in EVs
- L'Oréal receives Green Power Partner of the Year Award
Green Mater measures efforts in nine sustainability categories: energy; carbon; water; waste management; transportation; supply chain; outreach; workforce; and governance.
"This recognition is a tribute to all Kohler associates who are investing their energy to help us operate more sustainably," said Davor Grgic, Chief Information Officer and Vice President – Sustainability. "Kohler is committed to environmental sustainability, strengthening communities and addressing critical social needs while growing our business to meet the needs of our customers."
This recognition for Kohler comes on the heels of the company being awarded the US Water Prize by the US Water Alliance, the US Green Building Council’s Ray Anderson Radical Industrialism Award, its fifth Sustained Excellence Award from the EPA, and launching its first public Sustainability and Stewardship Report.
- Top 10 Women Leaders in ManufacturingProcurement & Supply Chain
- International Women's Day: Women's role in manufacturingProcurement & Supply Chain
- EOS’ Spencer Thompson on the benefits of 3D printingProcurement & Supply Chain
- Configit: 5 manufacturing trends to watch in 2023Procurement & Supply Chain