Volkswagen extends its environmental incentive program
Volkswagen has extended its environmental and future incentive program in Germany; it will now end in March 2018.
The successful program was set up in mid-August and has granted incentives to around 70,000 new cars and one-year-old cars owned by employees, with an efficient Euro 6 engine. Purchasers all scrapped an old diesel meeting exhaust emission standards Euro 1 to Euro 4.
The environmental incentives are as follows:
up! – €2,000
Polo – 3,000
Tiguan/Tiguan Allspace – €4,000
Golf/Golf Sportsvan/Golf Estate/Touran/Beetle Cabrio – €5,000
Passat Sedan/Passat Sedan Estate/Arteon/Sharan – €8,000
Touareg – €10,000
VW has also taken a step towards in the transition to e-mobility. In connection with the environmental incentive, around 8% of new car buyers chose an electric vehicle – four times more than ever before.
- RELATED STORIES:
- IC Bus creates electric bus concept developed with Volkswagen Truck & Bus
- Volkswagen experiences huge growth in China
- Many automotive brands may miss 2021 EU emissions targets
High demand for the e-Golf has led to the introduction of a second daily shift at the Transparent Factory in Dresden; from March 2018, production will double from 35 to 70 vehicles per day, meaning the plant will need to switch from single-shift operations to two-shift.
“The environmental and future incentives have been very well-received by our customers and dealers,” says Thomas Zahn, Head of Sales and Marketing Germany of the Volkswagen brand.
He adds: “Volkswagen is making a key contribution to improving air quality in our cities. It is therefore the right decision to extend this successful program.”
The previous conditions for the environmental and future bonuses continue to apply until December 31, 2017. From January 1, 2018, applications for incentives subject to the new conditions may be made to any authorised Volkswagen dealer in Germany.
- How hybrid modelling can impact the manufacturing sectorTechnology
- Schneider Electric: energy efficient & sustainableAI & Automation
- Supply chain digitisation & sustainably manufactured fashionProcurement & Supply Chain
- Additive manufacturing improves supply chain sustainabilityProcurement & Supply Chain