BigRep and Bosch Rexroth confirm development partnership for 3D printing systems
The Germany-based 3D printing manufacturer, BigRep, and engineering company, Bosch Rexroth, have launched a development partnership to implement state-of-art CNC control systems and drives into new additive manufacturing systems, 3D Printing Industry reports.
After previously agreeing a materials partnership with chemicals company, BASF, BigRep has accelerated its intent to utilise large-scale industrial 3D printing as its 3D printers will hold full connectivity and data processing capabilities.
Dr. Stephan Beyer, CEO at BigRep, said: “Across industries, customers are looking for reliable, controllable and efficient 3D printers in order to manufacture top quality parts.”
“As BigRep is the first to integrate CNC grade control systems in 3D printers, we will re-define additive manufacturing. The Rexroth controls are also an excellent platform for providing our 3D printers with full connectivity for existing production and automation systems. This will establish 3D printing as a key industry 4.0 application.”
- UK aerospace set to achieve new annual production record
- UCD unveils new $25.7mn 3D printing and digital technologies facility
- Boeing and Saab win $9.2bn contract to build the US Air Force’s next training jet
- Read the latest issue of Manufacturing Global here!
It is anticipated that through the collaboration Bosch Rexroth will utilise its expertise in drive and control technologies which is thought to allow for faster and cheaper additive manufacturing for models, tools, prototypes and end-use products.
Thomas Fechner, Director of the Business Unit New Business at Bosch Rexroth said: “This partnership demonstrates that Bosch Rexroth is constantly developing sustainable technologies and new factory automation solutions for the Factory of the Future.”
- Manufacturing EV Charging Solutions at KempowerProcurement & Supply Chain
- Toyota's Integrated Report 2023: Focus on ManufacturingLean Manufacturing
- Sustainability LIVE Net Zero: Manufacturing & MobilitySustainability & ESG
- Exyn Technologies Launches the Exyn Nexys Modular 3D MapperAI & Automation