Boeing confirms agreement with Siemens’ Mentor Graphics
The Germany-based automation company, Siemens, and aircraft manufacturing giants, Boeing, have announced an agreement that will see Boeing increase its use of Siemens’ Mentor Graphics software.
As part of Boeing’s Second Century Enterprise Systems (2CES) initiative to transform itself and the aerospace industry to help meet the challenges of the 21st century, it will allow the company to adapt to ever-changing requirements in real world applications and add overall business value to Boeing.
Through the software, Siemens will provide a set of technologies to allow for the next generation of design and manufacturing through enhanced automation and digitalization.
The press release also revealed that the agreement will see Boeing standardize on a common, company-wide platform for semiconductor design and verification, printed wire board design and create thermal and fluid analysis of mechanical designs through the Siemens partnership.
- New research sees 5G communications speed record set for autonomous vehicles
- BigRep and Bosch Rexroth confirm development partnership for 3D printing systems
- UK aerospace set to achieve new annual production record
- Read the latest issue of Manufacturing Global here!
John Harnagel, Engineering Director, Boeing Defence and Space: “Our partnership with the Siemens-Mentor team will combine best-in-class electrical design tools with Boeing's vast experience and knowledge in our 2CES transformation of electrical design.”
Tony Hemmelgarn, president and CEO of Siemens PLM Software, said: “Siemens is proud to have been chosen as one of Boeing's partners for its second century vision and transformation. Our ability to help customers drive digitalization and realize innovation is our core strength, and we are pleased to see that Boeing values that strength.”
"This partnership is a measure of Boeing's trust in Siemens to help them deliver its vision, and we at Siemens are looking forward to helping them make it happen."
- Paul Kirkpatrick on semiconductor shortages & supply chainsProcurement & Supply Chain
- 5 minutes with Heidi Normanton: food manufacturing startupsProcurement & Supply Chain
- Industrial automation makes way for information automationAI & Automation
- Siemens evolution covers Digital Factories & cybersecurityDigital Factory