Berlin Packaging confirms new US base for Freund division
The US-based packaging service company, Berlin Packaging, has unveiled a new American base for Freund Container & Supply, its division which is utilised for convenience quantities of packaging and industrial supplies, FoodBev Media reports.
Based in Lockport, Illinois, the new facility will enable the company to serve additional market segments and fulfil a greater number of orders.
The firm believes that reliable inventory management is at the centre of the service is offers to its customers.
“Our investments in facilities, inventory, and our people show our commitment to be the preeminent packaging partner for customers of all needs – from convenience quantities to truckloads,” said Berlin Packaging general manager, Chris Hiller.
- Nokia set to cap licence income at €3 for every 5G smartphone sold
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Alibaba join forces to produce hybrid cloud solutions in Asia
- BASF confirmed as one of first companies to use Elementum’s Orchestration Platform
- Read the latest issue of Manufacturing Global here!
“We strive to deliver thrilling service with every interaction, and our new Freund Container warehouse provides the additional space and technology to further this mission.”
It is expected that the new base, which is thought to be 305,000-square-foot, will allow Berlin Packaging to operate through cheaper delivery due to its close proximity to important Midwest transportation hubs.
As well as working with Berlin’s coast-to-coast North American network, the firm also holds a warehouse in Nevada and Georgia.
In total, Berlin Packaging operates over 100 sales and warehouse facilities across North America and Europe.
- IONETIC opens up the supply chain route to electrificationProcurement & Supply Chain
- Sustainable Fair Trade manufacturing at Peak DesignProcurement & Supply Chain
- News roundup: Industry 4.0 & manufacturing resilienceProcurement & Supply Chain
- Dynabook on hybrid work for European SMB manufacturersTechnology