The Health, Wellbeing & Habits study (led by Vape Club) asked more than 1,000 employees to share details about their health status, in order to discover how shifting working patterns can impact employees' health and overall wellbeing, as well as how business leaders can take better care of their workforce.
How manufacturing companies can support employee wellbeing
Of those asked, the results showed:
- 31% of manufacturing employees have worked through a mental illness in the last year
- 33% have experienced increased anxiety over the past 12 months
- 26% cited excessive stress
- 36% admitted that they have eaten more unhealthy food and drank more alcohol over the past year, due to stress
Results showed a range of ways that employers can support their staff:
- 82% of manufacturing employees want their company to find new ways to boost employee health and wellbeing, as well as healthy habits
- 36% of employees say training managers need to provide better support
- 24% of employees say they want rules put in place to stop employees from sitting for long periods of time
Helping manufacturing staff to achieve their goals
CloudNC is a software development company based in London and founded in 2015. The company is a leader in precision manufacturing and is building factories of the future to make manufacturing more efficient, sustainable and faster than anything else on the market.
Sara Green Brodersen, Chief of Staff at CloudNC, stands firmly behind initiatives which uplift staff and enables them to be the best they can be.
“At CloudNC, we run a number of mental health programmes and initiatives for our employees, including regular webinars and lunch & learns, as well as clinical support through an external healthcare provider,” said Brodersen. “This ensures our staff can be at their best every day, ensuring they enjoy their work and are best placed to achieve their goals.”
- Manufacturing Digital LIVE: Tech, sustainability & moreSmart Manufacturing
- COP28 to discuss emission reduction in pharma manufacturingSustainability & ESG
- Top 10 companies speaking at Manufacturing Digital LiveSmart Manufacturing
- How BP is reshaping the manufacturing landscapeSustainability & ESG