Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Alibaba join forces to produce hybrid cloud solutions in Asia
The US-based IT company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), has confirmed a joint venture with Alibaba Cloud to become the first technology vendor to produce next-generation on-premise hybrid cloud solutions in Asia Pacific.
The announcement on Wednesday (22 August), will see HPE deliver its hybrid cloud solutions through Aspara Stack on HPE platforms.
In order to respond to a new era of apps and data, companies have begun to turn to hybrid cloud strategies that utilise both public and private cloud to achieve business agility and optimise operational efficiency.
However, it is believed that a vast majority still opt to host their cloud within their on-premise data centres due to reasons such as security, compliance or data sovereignty.
Scott Morris, Vice President & General Manager, Asia Pacific Channel, Distribution & Alliances, said: “Customers are increasingly looking to deploy and design the right mix of cloud environments to take on different workloads of data while maintaining control of on- and off-premises solutions.”
- BASF confirmed as one of first companies to use Elementum’s Orchestration Platform
- Smurfit Kappa recognised for its environmental approach as it wins award in Colombia
- Bosch announces stake in Ceres Power Holdings to develop solid oxide fuel cells
- Read the latest issue of Manufacturing Global here!
“In supporting Alibaba Cloud, we’re aiming to help customers leverage Apsara Stack powered by HPE technology and services to deploy a comprehensive suite of scalable cloud computing services that securely and cost-effectively manage their business needs.”
With HPE, Alibaba Cloud and Intel joining forces to optimise and certify Aspara Stack cloud services on HPE platforms, it will enable the firms to quicken the large-scale hybrid cloud deployments which range from 20 to 10,000 servers.
Jin Ma, General Manager of Dedicated Cloud and Enterprise Application of Alibaba Cloud said: “Our collaboration with HPE demonstrates how Alibaba Cloud’s partner network continues to be an important strategic asset to driving digital transformation for customers.”
“We aim to empower enterprises to build a powerful shared service platform in their on-premise data centre that complies with security, regulation and data sovereignty requirements.”
- How the Smart Out of Band solution can assist manufacturersSmart Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Digital news roundup: smart supply chainsTechnology
- Manufacturers shouldn’t overlook remote access securityTechnology
- Build supply chain resiliency through data collaborationProcurement & Supply Chain