SAP/Hitachi/Verizon: real-time solutions and industry 4.NOW
If COVID-19 and the latest blockage is any indication of the complex challenges that manufacturing, production and supply chain face, the need for innovative, real-time solutions has never been greater.
Speakers at the webinar
- , Director Partner Go-to-Market Strategy & Innovation, Verizon Business Group, Verizon
- , Global Vice President Manufacturing, Hitachi
- , Global Solution Manager for the SAP Manufacturing Suite(ME) and Digital Manufacturing Cloud for Execution, SAP
What was discussed during the webinar?
During the webinar, the three speakers discussed the top trends, challenges and opportunities for manufacturers, as well as demonstrating how SAP and Verizon’s joint 5G Edge solution (powered by Hitachi) has extended SAP’s Digital Supply Chain portfolio with 5G and real-time edge capabilities.
In addition to this, the three speakers also discuss the ways in which Verizon, SAP, and Hitachi can help manufacturers enable real-time monitoring and instant control of machines and processes with 5G, multi-access edge computing (MEC) and computer vision. As well as integrate edge data sources for instant edge analytics and insights, and capture data in real-time to predict issues and abnormal operations that could affect production.
What benefits does their Industry 4.0 framework provide?
- Improved performance
- Faster access to data
- Increased efficiency
- Alignment of cloud and mobile
- Expansion of the internet of things (IoT)
- Accelerated transformation