Ball Corporation wins silver and bronze awards for design innovation
Ball Corporation has won silver and bronze at this year’s Canmaker Can of the Year Awards, both for its L’Oréal Men Expert Antiperspirant can in the Aerosol Cans category, and its Tactile can in the Prototype category.
The Tactile can won for its innovative design and distinctive print finish, enhanced by the image of a snake featured on the aluminium. Tactile ink provides texture for improved consumer interaction. Ball is able to apply the ink around the entire can, and enough is laid on that it provides actual grip. Tactile ink is a subtle art, and Ball Corporation leverages significant technical experience and printing it on aerosol cans.
- RELATED STORIES:
- L'Oréal receives Green Power Partner of the Year Award
- Ball Aerospace to create next-generation weather satellite for US Air Force
- Tetra Pak launches new portfolio of heating and processing solutions
Ball Corporation utilised its ReAl technology to create the L’Oréal Men Expert Antiperspirant can; this technology creates stronger cans with increased strength, and a 12% reduction in weight. On top of this, the 80-station necker Ball Corporation uses to manufacture this can enables the production of more intricate shapes.
"ReAl is an excellent fit for L'Oréal Men Expert, as the sustainability benefits of meaningful lightweighting coupled with the innovative shaping and bold graphics differentiate the brand on the shelf and deliver value to eco-conscious consumers," said Jim Peterson, Chief Operating Officer of Food and Aerosol Packaging
- Rio Tinto offering responsibly manufactured aluminiumTechnology
- GFG agrees deal with Novelis for aluminium plant in BelgiumProcurement & Supply Chain
- Smurfit Kappa collaborates with artist Oliver Grossetête to produce corrugated boxes into artAI & Automation
- US manufacturing activity continues to grow despite new tariffsLean Manufacturing