Smurfit Kappa announces introduction of new Shelf Facer technology
The Ireland-based corrugated packaging company, Smurfit Kappa, has announced the introduction of its new packaging solution, Shelf Facer, during last week’s Shopper Marketing event.
The new service, which is a shelf-ready pack, has been developed in a bid to increase product sales and enhance brand awareness in-store.
In order to retain a marketable on-shelf presence, Smurfit Kappa replaced Stoats’ existing pack with the Shelf Facer.
Shelf Facer saw a significant 13.8% rise in sales following its trial in the UK pilot scheme for premium cereal bar brand, Stoats.
- VSMPO-Avisma and Boeing open new manufacturing unit in Russia
- Renault, Nissan and Mitsubishi working with Google to develop new infotainment system
- Nestlé to sell Gerber Life Insurance to Western & Southern Financial Group for $1.55bn
- Read the latest issue of Manufacturing Global here!
“We were delighted to welcome more than 100 shopper marketing professionals from the world’s biggest brands to this event. They got to see first-hand how packaging and displays can play an instrumental role in brand recognition and sales,” said Rene van Bemmel, Smurfit Kappa Shopper Marketing Manager.
“At Smurfit Kappa, we’re always looking for ways to deliver more for our customers and ShelfSmart is pushing the boundaries in shopper marketing all the time.”
ShelfSmart utilises research from 65,000 shoppers across 26 product categories in 14 different countries and has accumulated an ever-increasing amount of unique solutions which include the new development, Shelf Facer.
- Industrial automation makes way for information automationAI & Automation
- Top 10 cybersecurity companies for the manufacturing sectorProcurement & Supply Chain
- How to overcome language barriers in manufacturing factoriesTechnology
- iBASEt: digital maturity essential for manufacturing sectorTechnology